Updated April 18th, 2019
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree to our practices, please do not, download, use or otherwise interact with the Services. By downloading, using, or continuing to use the Services, you consent to the privacy practices described in this policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website, our Application or our Services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Our Website and Application are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Information to or on our Services. We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from persons under 13 years-of-age, and no part of the Service is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any Information on this Website or on or through our Application or register on the Website or Application, use any of our Services, or provide any Information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that Information. If you believe we might have any Information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of Information
Your information consists of two categories (together, the “Information”): (1) “Personal Information,” is any Information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name and e-mail address; and (2) “Usage Information,” is any information that does not identify you, but which relates to your use of the Application, such as information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Application, and usage details. You may be providing us with Information when you, use the Services or send us customer service related requests.
We may collect the following types of Information:
· Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name and email addresses.
· Location Information that allows us to deliver localized Services.
· Device and Usage Information. We collect certain information about your device and usage when you use our Services, including, but not limited to, device identifier, video preferences, and likes or dislikes. We may use this information to provide the Services and to improve and personalize our Services for you.
How We Collect Information
We may collect Information when you directly provide it or use our Services. Such Information may be provided to us by the device you use to access our Services.
How We Use Your Information
We may use Information that we collect about you or that you provide to us to do the following:
· To present our Website and Application and their contents to you.
· To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us and to market our products and services to you.
· To improve our products and services.
· To deliver relevant and personalized content and recommendations.
· To offer advertisements.
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
· To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the Information.
· For other purposes with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your Device and Usage Information such as device identifier, IP address and others to third-party advertisers.
We do not disclose your Personal Information to third-parties without your consent, unless it is required:
· To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of City News Beat.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
If you would like to access or request a correction to any Information we hold regarding you, please contact us at email@example.com. To request that we no longer use your Information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In response, we will cancel or remove your Information but may retain and use copies of your Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Your Information, including your Personal Information, may be retained for as long as needed to fulfill a legitimate business need or as required by law.
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Service you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing.
California Privacy Rights
Under California's "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide Personal Information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer Information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer Information shared, the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer Information for the immediately prior calendar year, and descriptions of the likely types of marketing the third parties would send.
To obtain this information from us, please send an email message to email@example.com or mail us at the address below with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. If you are a California resident, we will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response.
Please be aware that not all Information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only Information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
City News Beat, Inc.
c/o Smith Anderson
150 Fayetteville Street, Suite 2300
Raleigh, NC 27602-2611